Who We Are
Galatea Bio is an innovative, venture backed biotechnology company with a mission of advancing precision health for all. Galatea Bio was founded by pioneers in the population genetics and bioinformatics industry that identified a gap in the way that population studies were being done and the impact that would have both on future discoveries and the underrepresented communities. The last 20 years have seen an explosion of genetic information and data. New technological advances have made it faster and less expensive to understand the human genomes but most of those resources have gone to further understanding predominantly northern European communities. The mission of Galatea Bio is to leverage world class ancestry algorithms and direct them to better understand underserved Latin American populations all while maintaining a strong commitment to ethical research. The company has institutional backing from groups including F-Prime Capital, Digitalis Ventures, Alexandria Venture Investments, and Founders Collective. Read more at www.galatea.bio.
About this opportunity
We are looking to hire our first Business Development Manager to enhance and further develop our network of clinical and genetic lab testing partners in Southeast Florida. In joining an early stage biotech startup like Galatea Bio, you will have the exciting opportunity to develop your own commercial strategy and play a key role in market assessment of potential new verticals. You will work cross functionally to identify viable partnership models and develop a replicable, commercial framework for the future team to come. In this role you will report directly to the VP of Genomics and Commercial Ops.
* Generate new opportunities, follow up on inbound leads, and further fortify existing relationships with partner organizations.
* Lead discussions with prospect senior leaders, and explore nuances with the varying partner types to further define Galatea Bio’s commercial approach to value creation.
* Map out our local competitive landscape and survey on leading prospect needs in our space.
* Structure and close on partnership agreements, with end-to-end responsibility of contract details.
* Define a protocol with a set cadence for sharing customer feedback with our product development team.
* In collaboration with the VP of Genomics and Commercial Ops, map out the stages of account growth, to pinpoint our upsell opportunities.
* As a department pioneer, establish a knowledge base that can be used as a source to enhance commercial strategy, as well as for the creation of sales enable content.
* Generate department KPIs and define a reporting strategy for your funnel(s).
What you bring
* 6+ years of new business development experience at a genetic lab services company, ideally with existing relationships in the Southeast Region: Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties
* Executive presence, a customer-focused approach, and sound judgment to deliver on specific partner needs within our wide product portfolio spectrum.
* Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality throughout the pitching and relationship management process.
* Advanced presentation skills and a natural knack for creating value.
* Competitive Base Salary
* Uncapped Commission
* Stock Options
* Health benefits, including dental and vision plans
* 401k plan with company match
* Flexible PTO
* Diverse, inspiring, and highly academic colleagues
Although daily in-office/lab presence is not required, for this role you must be located in South Florida.